Today’s assignment: try out at least three other themes — even if you’re happy with the one you have. Include at least one you would never think of using.
I am totally in the group of bloggers who LOVE their own theme. If you haven’t noticed yet I love the widgets and have a mass collection of them. Widgets are after any posts you are viewing currently the most recent 10. I truly love a little color and pizzazz which my current theme provides 😉
The four themes I did take a sneak peak at:
- Flounder – This clean, green style was intriguing. I most liked how handy the tag cloud was. Nice and easy to click on my different topics without scrolling down so much.
- Spun – a minimalist style. It took my pics and put them in a black and white circular template. Interesting, but where is my Piccadilly oops I mean pizzazz…yeah this theme is most likely in my NEVER category…No, it’s not that bad…I’m just in LOVE with color. Where is the color? Eek, I’m scared.
- Shine On – Love the title, colors, and colorful owl sketch. If you are hunting for a good them totally give this one a peak. 🙂
- 2014 – This theme almost, yes almost has me clicking that activate button. The look is clean lined yet has 4 different splash of color options. I love how the gadgets are allingned on the left and right sides of posts. Nice layout and you know how very much in LOVE I am with my widgets so I might be giving this one another look at a future date.
Today keeping my lovely theme as is 🙂 Sneeking a peak at other themes was worth it! Helped me think about versatility and function for my blog.
Updates implementing today:
- New lens: camera icon updated
- Post quantity from 10 down to 5
- Rearranged my gadgets
- New splash of color
So, are you in LOVE with your blogs theme? Branch out and you just might change something.
Totally off the wall
Anyone know without using a dictionary what a Piccadilly is? the autocorrect on my ipad brought it up…strange since this is an ancient word. Oops, I gave you a hint 😉